Monday, December 3, 2007

Wiki excitement

Today I shared the "Wikis in Plain English" video with my teammates and with the Math department. It generated considerable excitement. As a result, I am now in charge of finding a Wiki service that will let us create accounts for our students without requiring them to provide an e-mail address. Someone suggested at the North Carolina Educational Technology Conference (NCETC) that PBwiki provided this sort of service. I will probably begin there. Valerie, one of my colleagues in the Math department, suggested that we pool our resoures into a wiki. As a department, we have been creating and sharing powerpoint presentations for our notes on various topics. Additionally, we have collaborated and shared our projects and ideas. Valerie's idea is to build a wiki page listing all the topics we cover in our classes and import our resources into the wiki. I will post details once we start the wiki.

1 comment:

Bethany Smith said...

Found your blog through the NCETC tag..

I like pbwiki - wikispaces is also another good educational alternative.

Add to Technorati Favorites