Saturday, December 1, 2007

Mockumentaries

I loved this idea that I got from the UNC-Greensboro presenters.   They played a video (vodcast?) spoofing Mad Money and using a staged call to explain the concept of Economic Profit.   I found myself actually anxious to hear the explanation.   I think this could be done on a small scale to teach almost anything. Imagine capturing students' attention by imitating pop culture icons.   Another powerful aspect of the video was that it wasn't explaining the concept to the students, but rather a third party.   It was very powerful that the audience is an indirect target of the information.   It would take considerable work for a single concept, but it may be worth it when considering that it could be used in multiple classes and in multiple school years.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites